The objectives of ASOSAI are:-
- To promote understanding and cooperation among member institutions through exchange of ideas and experiences in the field of Public Audit.
- To provide facilities for training and continuing education for government auditors, with a view to improving quality and performance.
- To serve as a center of information and as a regional link with institutions in other parts of the world in the field of Public Audit.
- To promote closer collaboration and brotherhood among auditors in the service of the Governments of the respective member institutions and among regional groups.
The functions of ASOSAI are:-
- To encourage and to promote research and to undertake publication of research papers and professional articles in auditing and related fields.
- To organize conferences and seminars for the exchange of ideas and experiences in the field of Public Audit.
- To perform such other functions as may be necessary in keeping with its objectives.